Khoekhoegowab praise singing at SONA
A/Xarra Forum's Bradley Van Sitters speaks at CAS with the media on his inaugural historic Khoekhoegowab praise singing at the 2019 State of the Nation Address (coinciding with South Africa's 25 years of democracy).
Van Sitters is a member of the Aboriginal/Xarra Restorative Justice Forum's language commission at UCT. He sparked national and international debate on indigeneity, language, racism and xenophobia. He is based at CAS as the /Xarra Forum's language commission's chair. The forum is facilitated as part of the precolonial catalytic project as a research / teaching and learning project and is facilitated by CAS academic and researcher Dr June Bam-Hutchison.
- First Khoisan praise-singer at SONA gets tongues wagging and clicking
- OPINION: Time to confront the still unsettled heritage concept in South Africa
- Imbongi from //Hui !Gaeb leads parliament in Khoekhoegowab
- Bradley van Sitters defends his performance as imbongi/poet at SONA
- Khoisan praise singer on how it felt to usher the President in at SONA 2019
- Seawinds man makes Sona history